Thursday, October 26, 2017

2/21/84: A Basketball Trip to Munford

After the fun I had at Somerville on the Friday before, I decided to ride with Bartlett's boys and girls' basketball teams to Munford in Tipton County for our ball games there. Wendy Jackson, one of the players on the girls' team, had her big boom box, and we were jamming as we headed north through Millington to Munford High School, which was a relatively-new school. Unfortunately, with it being a Tuesday night, there wasn't nearly as much of a crowd as there had been at Fayette-Ware on Friday. There were no majorettes or drumlines, and not even that many people in the stands. On the other hand, my friend Jessie Yancey from the football team had made the trip with us from Bartlett, and he and I sat together in the stands watching both games. As I recall, our girls won and the boys lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment